|A charming land with rich cultural heritege and an enchanting natural environment
|You can visit the following:
• The archaeological museums of Florina and of Aiani Kozanis, the Byzantine Museum of Kastoria and the Historic - Folk Museum of Kozani.
• The Museum of Palaiovotaniki at the site Nostimo in Kastoria, exhibiting a collection of animal and plant fossils.
• Finds of elephants at the sute Milia in Grevena.
• Reconstruction of a Neolithic lakeshore settlement at the site Dispilio in Kastoria and the Hellenistic city of Florina.
• The Royal Macedonian Tombs at Eordaia in Kozani.
• The Byzantine Castle of Servia and the basilica of St. Achillios in Prespes.
• The Byzantine churches and the mansions of Kastoria.
• The Monasteries at Zavorda and the Grevena Cave, at Mikrokastro and the Dryovouno in Kozani, the Mislissotopo in Kastoria.
• The village of Siatista with its unique mansions and the quaint village of Nymphaio that preserves its traditional character.
|• At the National Park on Mt. Pindos with the valleys of
"Valia Kalda" (which means warm valley) and the
Arkoudorema along with the alpine lakes the most
popular of which is Drakolimni.
• At Mt. Grammos where the springs of rivers Aliakmon and Sarantaporo are found, ideal region for trekking.
• At Mt. Voio strewn with traditional settlements.
• At the basin of Prespes, a biotope with rare flora and fauna (pelicans, cormorants and herons).
|• For lovers of adventure Western Macedonia is ideal for recreation with kayak and river fishing, mountain trekking on the European routes (E4, E6) and a network of local mountain paths, gorge passes (Spilaio, Mikrolivado)
and rock climbing at the gorge of Spilaio Grevenon.
• Enjoy skiing at the ski centres in Vassilitsa of Grevena, Vigla in Pisoderi of Florina and Vitsio in Kastoria.
|Delight your palate with unique tastes|
|• Taste delicious local products such as a mushroom varieties and organic dairy products in Grevena, fava beans in Prespes and Kastoria, various local wines at Amyntaio in Florina, marmalades and confectionary
at Velvento in Kozani; don't forget to buy local saffron growing in Kozani, unique for its quality worldwide.